"Making the Semantic Web formalisms and technologies accessible to the Web of Things"
Main research projects
- Bilateral research convention between Connected-Intelligence and ENGIE R&D (2016-2017)
- ITEA 2 SEAS (Smart Energy Aware Systems) project (2014-2016) - website
- Open Sensing City ANR Project (2016-2017) - website
selected research items:
- The W3C Semantic Sensor Network recommendation;
- The SEAS ontologies: modularized and versioned OWL 2 DL ontologies developed for the ITEA 2 SEAS project: (> 30 modules, > 300 classes, > 300 properties). See for instance:
- The seas:FeatureOfInterest module describes feature of interests and their properties;;
- The seas:EvaluationOntology module describes evaluations of these properties;
- The seas:SystemOntology module describes virtually isolated systems that share connections with other systems;
- The seas:ElectricPowerSystemOntology module instantiates these concepts to describe systems that exchange electricity.
- SPARQL-Generate: an extension of SPARQL 1.1 to generate RDF from an RDF dataset and a set of documents in heterogenous formats. Our current open-source implementation on top of Apache Jena generates RDF from documents in XML, JSON, CSV, HTML, CBOR, plain text, ...
- Lindt: Supporting Arbitrary Custom Datatypes in RDF and SPARQL
- Guidelines for custom datatype publishers;
- Implementation of these guidelines for a custom datatype that describe lengths;
- Extension of the Jena RDF processor and the ARQ SPARQL engine to support the on-the-fly recognition of custom datatypes.
- RDF Presentation and RDF Presentation negotiation:
- An ontology to describe RDF graphs and how they can be validated or presented as documents;
- Some principles for a web where clients and servers can use their preferred format, while letting the other party the possibility to fall back to the RDF world;
- An first implementation of these principles in an extension of Java Jersey;
- A demonstration of this implementation and the principles.
- PhD: Representation of the Meaning-Text Theory Lexical Semantics, and development of the Unit Graphs knowledge representation formalism
- Chaired a track at IEEE CIASG'16, SEMANTiCS'17
- Chaired one of sessions NLP and Information Retrieval at ESWC 2016
- Program committee for WWW, ESWC, K-CAP, FOIS, COLD, EGC, IC, DCAI, EPIA
- Reviewer for the Semantic Web Journal, IOS Press
- Program commitee: WWW, ESWC, K-CAP, FOIS, COLD, EGC, IC, DCAI, EPIA
- Organized a tutorial on Semantic Web meets the Internet of Things at IC'17
- Organized a Knowledge Engineering Workshop (43 participants, 3 days) - see the lectures on videolectures.net, the report