"Making the Semantic Web formalisms and technologies accessible to the Web of Things"
Main research projects
- Bilateral research convention between Connected-Intelligence and ENGIE R&D (2016-2017)
- ITEA 2 SEAS (Smart Energy Aware Systems) project (2014-2016) - website
- Open Sensing City ANR Project (2016-2017) - website
selected research items:
- The SEAS ontologies: modularized and versioned OWL 2 DL ontologies developed for the ITEA 2 SEAS project: (> 30 modules, > 300 classes, > 300 properties). See for instance:
- The seas:FeatureOfInterest module describes feature of interests and their properties;;
- The seas:EvaluationOntology module describes evaluations of these properties;
- The seas:SystemOntology module describes virtually isolated systems that share connections with other systems;
- The seas:ElectricPowerSystemOntology module instantiates these concepts to describe systems that exchange electricity.
- SPARQL-Generate: an extension of SPARQL 1.1 to generate RDF from an RDF dataset and a set of documents in heterogenous formats. Our current open-source implementation on top of Apache Jena generates RDF from documents in XML, JSON, CSV, HTML, CBOR, plain text, ...
- Lindt: Supporting Arbitrary Custom Datatypes in RDF and SPARQL
- Guidelines for custom datatype publishers;
- Implementation of these guidelines for a custom datatype that describe lengths;
- Extension of the Jena RDF processor and the ARQ SPARQL engine to support the on-the-fly recognition of custom datatypes.
- RDF Presentation and RDF Presentation negotiation:
- An ontology to describe RDF graphs and how they can be validated or presented as documents;
- Some principles for a web where clients and servers can use their preferred format, while letting the other party the possibility to fall back to the RDF world;
- An first implementation of these principles in an extension of Java Jersey;
- A demonstration of this implementation and the principles.
- Process Execution Platform:
- An ontology that extends the the Semantic Sensor Network ontology and the Semantic Actuator Network ontology cores;
- Specifications for a platform that exposes expose process executors on the Web in a RESTful way;
- An implementation of these specification on top of Java Jersey and Apache Jena, that eases the life for developers;
- A demonstration of this implementation.
- A Java library to check the quality of modularized and versioned ontologies, to automatically generate their documentation as HTML, and to expose them as a Java Web applications in conformance with the Linked Vocabulary best practices.
- An extension of MediaWiki to edit and host Linked Data vocabularies, that has been used to edit the ontologies for the ITEA 2 SEAS European project
- PhD: Representation of the Meaning-Text Theory Lexical Semantics, and development of the Unit Graphs knowledge representation formalism
- Chaired a track at IEEE CIASG'16
- Chaired one of sessions NLP and Information Retrieval at ESWC 2016
- Program committee for SEMANTiCS'17, EPIA'17, IC'17, EGC'17, COLD'17, SEMANTiCS'16 Poster and Demo
- Reviewer for the Semantic Web Journal, IOS Press, 2017
- Reviewer for EGC'17 (2), WWW'16 (1), ESWC'16 (2), FOIS'16 (1), ESWC'15 (1), COLD'15 (1)
- Participate to bilateral, national, and European research projects
- Participate to W3C groups: mostly Spatial Data on the Web Working Group, Linked Building Data
- Negotiated a research contract with an industrial partner and financed my position with these funds, among other.
- hired and supervised interns
- organized a Knowledge Engineering Workshop (43 participants, 3 days) - see the lectures on videolectures.net, the report