"Making the Semantic Web formalisms and technologies accessible to the Web of Things"
We hire! Check out our current job offers at https://ci.mines-stetienne.fr/jobs/
- Omar AlQawasmeh 2016-2020 - Towards A Collaborative Framework for Ontology Engineering: Impact on Ontology Evolution and Pitfalls in Ontology Networks and Versioned Ontologies. Co-advisors: Pierre Maret, Antoine Zimmermann (google scholar profile, thesis subject)
- Edison Chung 2019-2022 - Interoperability in Decentralized Goal-Directed Building Asset Management System. Co-advisors: Olivier Boissier.
- Gabriel Martins Lopes Cavalcante 2020-2023 - Semantic Interoperability in the Constrained Semantic Web of Things. Co-advisors: Flavien Balbo, Antoine Zimmermann.
- Yousouf Taghzouti - Semantic Content Negotiation for Knowledge Interchange among Heterogeneous Systems. Co-advisors: Mireille Batton-Hubert, Antoine Zimmermann.
Current research projects
- Local contact for the ANR CoSWoT project (2020-2024) - description
- ANR HyperAgent project (2020-2024) - description
- COST Action (2020-2024) - OC-2019-1-24092 "Distributed Knowledge Graphs"
- Projet RDI Booster SIRAM (2020-2022) - Système Intégré pour Robots Assistants Mobiles
Past research projects
- Leader of the ETSI Specialist Task Force 578: Specification of the SAREF development framework and workflow, and development of the Community SAREF Portal for user engagement (2019-2020) - website
- Leader of the ETSI Specialist Task Force 556: Consolidation of SAREF and its community of industrial users, based on the experience of the EUREKA ITEA 12004 SEAS project (2018-2019) - website
- Open Sensing City ANR Project (2016-2018) - website
- Bilateral research conventions with ENGIE R&D (2016-2017;2017-2018)
- ITEA 2 SEAS (Smart Energy Aware Systems) project (2014-2016) - website
Selected research items:
- The ETSI SAREF development framework and open portal;
- The W3C Semantic Sensor Network recommendation;
- The SEAS ontologies: modularized and versioned OWL 2 DL ontologies developed for the ITEA 2 SEAS project: (> 30 modules, > 300 classes, > 300 properties). See for instance:
- The seas:FeatureOfInterest module describes feature of interests and their properties;;
- The seas:EvaluationOntology module describes evaluations of these properties;
- The seas:SystemOntology module describes virtually isolated systems that share connections with other systems;
- The seas:ElectricPowerSystemOntology module instantiates these concepts to describe systems that exchange electricity.
- SPARQL-Generate: an extension of SPARQL 1.1 to generate RDF from an RDF dataset and a set of documents in heterogenous formats. Our current open-source implementation on top of Apache Jena generates RDF from documents in XML, JSON, CSV, HTML, CBOR, plain text, ...
- Lindt: Supporting Arbitrary Custom Datatypes in RDF and SPARQL
- Guidelines for custom datatype publishers;
- Implementation of these guidelines for a custom datatype that describe lengths;
- Extension of the Jena RDF processor and the ARQ SPARQL engine to support the on-the-fly recognition of custom datatypes.
- RDF Presentation and RDF Presentation negotiation:
- An ontology to describe RDF graphs and how they can be validated or presented as documents;
- Some principles for a web where clients and servers can use their preferred format, while letting the other party the possibility to fall back to the RDF world;
- An first implementation of these principles in an extension of Java Jersey;
- A demonstration of this implementation and the principles.
- PhD: Representation of the Meaning-Text Theory Lexical Semantics, and development of the Unit Graphs knowledge representation formalism
- Senior Reviewer ISWC'20 Resources track
- Co-editor Special Issue Sensors and Actuators on the Web - Semantic Web Journal
- Chair RJCIA'19
- Proceedings chair ISWC'19
- Workshops and Tutorials chair IOT'18
- Chaired a track at IEEE CIASG'16
- Chaired sessions: NLP and Information Retrieval at ESWC 2016, SEMANTiCS'17
- Program committee: ESWC, IOT, K-CAP, FOIS, EKAW, WWW Demo, ISWC Demo, COLD, EGC, IC, DCAI, EPIA, IESS, ISI-LOD, SSWoT, SPRITS, LDAC, WOMoCoE
- Reviewer for the Semantic Web Journal, IOS Press; the Journal of Web Semantics, Elsevier; Journal of Decision Systems, Taylor & Francis Online
- Organization of Tutorials:
- SPARQL-Generate at PFIA'19 and PFIA'20
- From heterogeneous data to RDF graphs and back at ESWC'18
- Choosing your ontologies for sensor data applications at IE'18
- Semantic Web meets the Internet of Things at IC'17
- Organization of Workshops:
- 1st International Workshop on Sensors and Actuators on the Web, at ISWC'19
- 2nd International Workshop on Semantic Interoperability and Standardization in the IoT, at IoT'18
- 9th International Semantic Sensor Networks Workshop at ISWC'18
- a Knowledge Engineering Workshop (43 participants, 3 days) - see the lectures on videolectures.net, the report